The team!

The team!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

Alright, I know this is a day late, but yesterday was busy :)
So. Halloween.
For me, it used to be about getting the coolest costume, and convincing my parents to take me trick or treating as early as possible to get the most candy.
But sadly, this is not so anymore.
I stopped trick or treating when I was about 12, it was no longer super thrilling to me. I could just sit at home and watch movies, and eat candy out of the bowl we had for the trick or treaters (hehe). But this allowed me to observe my peers, and I'm sad over what I see.

Sadness 1) Halloween for teenage girls is about showing off your body, not your costume.
Whattt?? But why?! Why do girls take Halloween as a day to dress trollop-y? Because no one can complain about it, "it's a costume, not who I really am". But if you choose that costume, it reflects your heart, your personality. Plus, it's awkward and weird to be trick or treating with cute little 7 year olds in a dress that doesn't cover your bum. The sad thing is, if you go to a costume store, all they offer are revealing costumes. It's like they encourage girls to bare all, and that's demeaning and creepy.

Sadness 2) Mooching Trick or Treaters.
We've all had them. Those teens that show up in either street clothes or pajamas, hold out their bag and say "Uh... trick or treat" all while daring you with their eyes to either give them candy or face the wrath of teens with eggs and great aim. *shudders*
Or when someone leaves a bowl of candy, and one kid takes allll of it. That's not fair!! Go out and buy your own candy! Trick or Treating is supposed to be fun and you hogging it all is rude.

Well... those are the only things I have noticed/can think of that really bother me, since they're the top irritations on my list. What do you guys think?

P.S.- Here's what I did for Halloween



















Bwahaha :D It's skull makeup for Dia De Los Muertos, I know it's on November 2nd but I liked the looks and decided it would be cool for Halloween. People at school said I look legitimately creepy. Goal made.

~Caitlin!



No comments:

Post a Comment