The team!

The team!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Underwhelmed


So....in the beginning of this month, I attended a christian summer camp:D I had a pretty FANTASTIC time. Well, I was just looking through my sermon notes and found something pretty convicting and I think I would like to share it with you guys:)

Our pastor said this (I'm pretty sure this is what he opened with, too): "...they became so familiar with God, that He was no longer overwhelming to them...they became UNDERwhelmed with God."

Now...who 'they' are, I can't really remember, but it was a point made for every highschooler and counselor in the room...that WE have become underwhelmed with God. We have had to memorize verse after verse, and read countless chapters of the Bible.(and, just so you know, those are part of the requirements to actually attend this camp)...have we become numb to the glory of the Living God because of our carelessness in our relationship in knowing Him? We learn ABOUT Him, but do we really understand His character? Who God actually is?? Think about that. What an awful thing we allow in our hearts. This state of lukewarmness. We should be so familiar with God that the fire burns greater, not fades. His love does not grow cold towards us. Us, the ones that don't deserve any of His love, grace, compassion, mercy, ect... So who are we to try to even claim the right to not to love Him? No one. That's who. We should be absolutely OVERwhelmed, knees to the floor, head bowed to the ground heart shattered pieces in awe and reverance to the Holy God. "God made Himself known in the cosmos" (another thing our pastor said and then used Genisis 1:1-5 as a reference). Mind=blown. Dude. That's incredible!!! Or the tides? Even they have their limits...how far they come in and go out...how strong they pull. Or the sunrise or sunset? Every. Single. Day. That alone is evidence of God's faithfulness. God is overwhelming. We should be overwhelmed.

Anyways....  I suppose that's all.  :)

Love,
Faith.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment