Day 1.
ELEPHANTS!!
(The African Elephant is my favorite)
I've loved elephants since I saw Dumbo :) That one scene, where the momma elephant swings Dumbo in her trunk from her train car? Gets me and my mom every time. :')They're incredibly majestic, intelligent, and I hate that people hunt them for their ivory. Some populations are endangered, and it upsets me to think that maybe future generations won't know this beautiful animal. They have memories, and when one of their kin dies they actually mourn. I think they're incredibly sweet and I love them.
(Source for the picture is http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/african-elephant/
I love Natgeo. They've got some great stuff on Machu Picchu, which is another Wonderful Wednesday in the future)
Okay everyone! Have a great Wednesday!
~Caitlin
(P.S.- something not so wonderful? The spelling of Wednesday. Does anyone else go wed-NES-day when spelling it? :D)

No comments:
Post a Comment